Haemorrhoids (also known as piles) are swollen or enlarged blood vessels, which can cause discomfort, itching and irritation, particularly after a bowel movement. They may be either internal (inside the anus) or external (outside the anus).
Germoloids suppositories are used to relieve the symptoms of pain, swelling and irritation associated with internal haemorrhoids and anal itching (pruritus ani).
The suppositories contain two active substances, zinc oxide and lidocaine. Zinc oxide has astringent properties (causes contraction when applied to the skin), which help shrink swelling. It also helps to soothe and protect the area around the anus from damage and has mild antiseptic properties. Lidocaine is a local anaesthetic, which helps soothe swelling. pain and irritation and relieve itching. the suppository base acts as a lubricant and emollient to help passing of stools and reduce straining during bowel movement which is bad for haemorrhoids.
United Kingdom Deliveries (including Northern Ireland)
Delivery is FREE for any UK order containing an NHS prescription.
Delivery is FREE for all UK orders Over £40.
We use a selection of proven couriers including Royal Mail, HDN, and UPS depending on your location and weight of your order. During any dispute our contingency arrangements are activated to ensure we continue to meet our service levels.
Orders received before 3:00pm are picked and dispatched on the same day and will usually be delivered to you within one to five working days anywhere in the UK depending on the delivery service you select (there may be delays to the Isle of Man and the Scottish Islands).
Keen Pharmacy also offers a range of delivery options to meet our customers' requirements:
• Next Day Delivery (£5.50) The orders will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery. The delivery time for your Next Day Delivery is 24hrs from dispatch. Please note that delivery times are in business days, and that for orders placed on Monday to Thursday before 3pm, you should receive your goods the next business day. Orders placed after 3pm Thursday, but before 3pm on Friday, should be received by Monday (except Bank Holidays). Weekends are not counted when ordering Next Day Delivery. i.e. If you order on Saturday or Sunday, it will be treated as if you ordered your item on the following Monday. We are not responsible for delays by our carriers but we will do our best to resolve any issues that may arise. During high volume holiday seasons delivery times may vary.
• Standard Delivery (£3.45) The orders will be delivered by Royal Mail 1st Class. The delivery time for your Standard delivery is normally 1 to 2 working days . In a very small number of cases the Royal Mail may not meet this service level. In this situation please allow 7-10 days from dispatch before contacting us
Orders containing Prescription Only Medicines including controlled drugs and other medicines will require a signature on delivery. You can also arrange for your order to be delivered to alternative addresses including your office, members of your family You need to ensure that someone approved by you is able to sign for the delivery. Please note that deliveries are made to the delivery address you supply to us. Re-dispatch of any returned orders may incur an additional delivery charge.
All BFPO orders will be sent through Royal Mail Super Saver Delivery.
If you have any questions regarding delivery times, or to check that an item is in stock, you can call us on 01260 295701 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are able to supply orders to most countries in Europe. Delivery charges will depend on the weight of your order and the destination. We will confirm the delivery charge at the checkout page, before you confirm payment of your order.
Non-prescription orders are sent by air recorded delivery and a signature will be needed upon receipt of your goods. Certain individual countries place restrictions on the types of products that may be posted into them. We will inform you individually if there are any problems.
Prescriptions delivered to non-UK destinations will be sent by Royal Mail international recorded delivery and a signature will be needed upon receipt of your goods. Delivery will typically take 7-10 days. Faster delivery options are available upon request.
Under UK law we are only able to dispense prescriptions written by practitioners who are registered in the European Economic Area.
We reserve the right to decline orders on heavy items or to contact you to arrange delivery costs.
The suppositories are only for use inside the anus.
1. Gently clean and dry the area around the anus.
2. Tera down on the notch of the blister packaging to remove one suppository from the strip.
3. Peel the wrapping apart to remove the suppository.
4. Insert the suppository into the anus (round end first)
Insert one suppository into the anus when you go to bed at night and one in the morning, preferably after a bowel movement. If necessary the suppositories may be used at any time of day, with a minimum of 3 to 4 hours between suppositories. Do not use more than 4 suppositories in any 24 hour period.
The suppositories are for use in the anus only.
Do not put the suppository in the mouth or swallow it.
If swallowed conatct your doctor straight away or contact your nearest Accident and Emergency Department.
Do not use if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to zinc oxide or lidocaine or any of the other ingredients in the product.
Before using Germoloids Suppositories see your doctor if you:
-continually suffer from haemorrhoids of have severe haemorrhoids
-experience excessive bleeding.
You may use Germoloids Suppositories if you are pregnant or breast-feeding but as with all medicines at this time, you should discuss it with your doctor first.